In many folkloric traditions, sunflowers are seen as symbols of good luck and prosperity. Planting them around your home and garden will bring fortune your way. Pick a sunflower at sunset and it will bring you good luck the following day. Hey, maybe it's true!
Sunflowers are also often associated with truth, loyalty, and honesty. If you want to know the truth about something, sleep with a sunflower under your pillow - and the next day before the sun goes down, the truth should be revealed to you. Now that is something I need to try ;)
We chose the sunflower field for the location of our latest shoot, and it was absolutely perfect. Enjoy!
Here's what was used in the video and photos:
1. Flexible Dual Flower Wrap (Mint Julep) - Create a fun and festive flower look easily! The Flexible Dual Flower Wrap offers a variety of one of a kind styling options. The velvet coated wire-like center stays soft against your skin while the beaded flowers accent the ends. Braid into your hair, wear like a headband or wrap around your wrist as a bracelet. Express your creativity!
2. "Rocked and Loaded" Professional Salon Artist Holster - The "Rocked and Loaded" professional styling holster is the perfect size and shape to not only allow you to access your tools quickly, but have the comfort you need to work without distraction and of course - a touch of Pink Pewter style. Inspired and designed by Mireya Villarreal, hairstylist and Pink Pewter founder.
3. "Never Let Go" Carbon Fibre Color and Styling Comb (Black) - Simply the best teasing comb in the market and you never have to let it go.
4. Bendable Magnetic Pin and Makeup Holder Bracelet - (Silver) - The strong magnets are great for holding bobby pins, makeup pans, and even your shears!
5. No Snag Clear Hair Ties / Elastics - 100pc Pack (2cm Diameter - Clear) -
Professional Quality! These no-snag elastics are not your average elastics and make your styling routine much easier. With a thick easy-glide coating, they remove from the hair easily and effortlessly. The coating prevents tangling even in thin or fine hair, and can be used multiple times.
Special thanks to the amazing team!
Hair and Video: @mireya_villarreal_